Episode 51: Whale Management
Travis and Dave talk about a myriad of topics ranging from the Zynga mass-firing, covering a handful of startups from the Capital Factory Demo Day 2012 that got a mention in Venture Beat, to a quick Week-in-Tech conversation.
- The Microsoft Redesign by Paravel http://paravelinc.com/work/microsoft.php
- Tweet of the Week: https://twitter.com/dandenney/status/258196569524948993
- Startup Week reacap
- Refresh Austin Meetup Fair
- Capital Factory Demo Day http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/11/austin-startups/
- Zynga lays off 100+ people in Austin office during Apple event, gives them 2 hours to vacate.
- Stock has gone from $15/share to ~$2/share
- Big Week in Tech
- Amazon took down a significant number of startups Monday
- iPad Mini
- Windows 8
- Microsoft Surface http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/23/3540550/microsoft-surface-review
Audio editing provided by Aaron Dowd
Leave a Reply