• Length: 37:57
In 2014, we’re recording every 2nd and 4th Friday. Last week was our second show but we flubbed the release of the January 17 recording so we rolled that content into last week’s episode.
Andy and Travis spend episode 71 recapping the happenings in Austin from the past couple months.
- Austin Startup Games – Heard that
Spanningcleaned up. Andy was completely wrong … Sparefoot actually won the gold. Berate him via twitter.
- Developer Evangelism – Keith Casey’s experience
- Damon’s intro to the Austin startup scene
- Austin reaching capacity for SXSW permits
- Ben Brown’s Lunch Hack and LunchBot: http://eat.xoxco.com
- Josh Baer says he’ll fund your consumer startup
- Blackboard acquired MyEdu
- Pingboard secures 1.5 million
- Outbox closed its doors – Junk mail survives — new stealth pivot
- WP Engine got 15 million - R/GA rebranded them
- Why Scaling a Company is Harder than it Looks (Jason Cohen, @asmartbear) “scale causes rare events to become regular.”
- Everyone is hiring. Let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll help connect you.
Upcoming Conferences and Events:
We’re already prepping for SXSW — what should we be paying attention to? Good parties, food, other events? Let us know.
Five-star ratings on iTunes will get shout outs on the next show!